Course Objective: The aim of Planning 10 is to enable students to develop the skills they need to become self-directed individuals who set goals, make thoughtful decisions, and take responsibility for pursuing their goals throughout life.
Units of Study: Planning 10 covers these four units included in the BC Ministry of Education Prescribed Learning Outcomes
- Education and Careers: Person attributes, post-secondary options, labour market, job seeking strategies, work place safety, and support networks.
- Finances: Budgeting skills, credit, debit, income tax, costs of education, and financial planning for meeting education and career goals.
- Health: Access to information, healthy relationships, HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, sexual decision making, and road safety.
- The Graduation Program: Course requirements, provincial exams, focus areas, and graduation transitions.
- Teacher: Caitlin Langford